Call for applications for the Yousriya Loza Sawiris Scholarship program in the USA. Applications are now open for candidates who want to apply for the Yousriya Loza Sawiris Scholarship program in the USA. The Yousriya Loza Sawiris Scholarship program is a fully funded scholarship program for applicants who want to study in the USA. This scholarship is offered at Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota.
The Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota is one of the world’s top ten schools for Masters in Development Practice. The scholarship is administered by Newton Education Services on behalf of the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development.
Deadline: 13th Oct 2022 is the last date to apply for the Yousriya Loza Sawiris Scholarship program in the USA.
- University or Organization: Newton Education Services
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Masters
- Award: Fully Funded
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Egyptian national
- The award can be taken in the USA
Eligibility Criteria for Yousriya Loza Sawiris Scholarship
- Egyptian nationals residing in Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality holders).
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a well-reputed academic institution in a related field of study.
- Demonstrate a minimum of two years of work experience in the field of development.
- Satisfy the entry requirements into the academic MDP program.
- Demonstrate excellent professional and academic track record.
- The scholarships are awarded based on financial need as well as merit and character demonstrated through academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and social behaviour.
- While no specific academic track is required, students with a strong liberal arts education background and sound quantitative and analytical skills will be best prepared for academic success at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs.
- Previous coursework in mathematics, statistics, and economics is recommended.
- English language proficiency is required. Valid TOEFL or IELTS, exam date should be within two years of the graduate program start. Minimum required scores: 100 ( TOEFL internet-based, minimum 22 on each section), or 7 (IELTS, minimum 7 on each section)
Benefits of Yousriya Loza Sawiris Scholarship:
- University tuition
- Living expenses
- Health insurance
- Travel expenses
Program Requirements Yousriya Loza Sawiris Scholarship:
- Completion of a 50-credit academic master’s program in two academic years
- Completion of an 8-10 week mid-program summer field experience
- Employment in the development sector in Egypt following graduation for no less than two consecutive years
Required Documents for Yousriya Loza Sawiris Scholarship
- Completed application form including the personal statement
- Copy of valid passport ID page
- Copy of the National ID
- Copy of the National ID of the guarantor (the guarantor is the person who signs the contract with the accepted student. This person could be his/her father, mother, sister, or brother. The guarantor’s role is to ensure that the student is fulfilling his/her commitments.)
- Updated resume
- All undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts
- TOEFL/IELTS score
- Two letters of recommendation
- One personal photo
- HR letter from current employer including salary/salary slip or a bank statement in case of unemployment.
|Activity||Period of implementation|
|Scholarship official announcement||May to mid-October of each year|
|Personal Interviews with the shortlisted candidates||Early November of each year|
|Announcing the selected scholars and filling out the university admission application||Mid of November to mid of December of each year|
|University decision||March of each year|
|Beginning of the academic year at Minnesota University||Late August/early September of each year|
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org