Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships at the University of Otago are now open. The University of Otago is pleased to announce to applicants who wish to study in New Zealand that they are now receiving applications for Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships program. This Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship is open to students who have demonstrated high academic achievements and want to gain higher education in New Zealand.
This Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship is aimed at targeting and rewarding students with academic excellence, high potential, diversity and leadership skills. To be able to take part in this Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, you must take part in an undergraduate program at the University of Otago.
For the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship program, the University of Otago offers a broad spectrum of graduate, postgraduate, and PhD programmes to more than 20,000 students. being a research-led university that holds a good reputation on the international level of excellence, the University of Otago is home to many researchers.
Why choose to study at the University of Otago? The University of Otago is top-ranked when it comes to world-class teaching and student services. The University of Otago is considered the best place to study in New Zealand. The University of Otago is not only considered the place to study in New Zealand, but it is as well internationally known as a place for quality studies in New Zealand. This is because, at the University of Otago, students can gain high-quality educational experience, enjoy student services, and take advantage of lots of careers and educational opportunities.
Application Deadline: 10th December 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Otago
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: NZD$10,000 for tuition fees
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Any
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate degree programme in various fields.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- International students who are not New Zealand citizens or permanent residents or resident visa holders of New Zealand or Australia*; and
- Have gained university admission through:
- Completion of Year 12 and completion of – or in the process of completion of – Year 13 at a New Zealand school, or an equivalent foundation level course at a New Zealand tertiary institution.
- Completion of an internationally recognized qualification in New Zealand or at an overseas high school, such as A-Levels, International Baccalaureate, or ATAR
How to Apply
- How to Apply: There is no requirement to make a formal application for this scholarship. All the candidates will automatically be considered for this scholarship after taking admission in an applicable course.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates might be asked to provide the following documents: A pre-qualification degree, copies of academic transcripts, certificates of English language proficiency, a statement, and a copy of passport.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must hold a high school diploma to take admitted to a bachelor’s degree programme at the university.
- Language Requirement: The university accepts the following tests for the bachelor’s degree programme:
- Duolingo English Test (DET) with the following scores
- IELTS Indicator test
- TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English
- GCE A or AS English Language, Literature in English, Language and Literature in English
- GCE AS level General Paper
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic
The scholarship will provide the award of NZD$10,000 for tuition fees. This award will assist students to cover the tuition fee of an approved course.