Applications are now open for UTS Onshore Postgraduate Scholarships for International students in Australia. The purpose of the UTS Onshore Postgraduate International Scholarship is to attract commencing international students already in Australia to enrol in a postgraduate coursework program at UTS.
International master’s students are being offered this scholarship for a postgraduate degree programme at the University of Technology Sydney. Students will be eligible to take this scholarship in the form of a tuition fee discount upon being accepted by the university.
Why study at UTS? When you study at UTS, you join a community of inspired students, staff and industry partners who are shaping the future. Located in Sydney’s technology precinct, our campus is minutes away from the central business district and some of Australia’s most innovative companies and startups.
UTS is ranked #133 globally (QS World University Rankings 2022) and many of our study areas rank in the top 100 in the world (QS World University Subject Rankings 2022)
- University or Organization: University of Technology Sydney
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for UTS Onshore Postgraduate Scholarships
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must remain an international student (not an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or permanent resident of Australia); and
- Must be a citizen from a country in the South Asia, South East Asia or Africa region; and
- Must have completed a recognised Australian tertiary qualification at a Bachelor’s degree level or higher; and
- Must meet all admission criteria for the selected Master by coursework program; and
- Must be commencing studies at UTS full-time and on campus; and
- Must not:
- be studying a UTS online degree or distance mode degree; or
- be a recipient of other UTS International scholarships or grants or the UTS Alumni Advantage Program for the duration of this Scholarship, and be a government-sponsored student.
On-campus studies include face-to-face and/or online (remote) learning in all degrees except online degrees and distance mode degrees.
How to apply for UTS Onshore Postgraduate Scholarships
- How to Apply: Candidates are required to log in to the application portal of the university and apply to a postgraduate programme of their choice. The candidates do not need to apply separately for the scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- An official academic transcript or record of study
- Evidence of completion of study if this is not stated on the academic record
- Evidence of name change
- Translations of any documents not in English
- Other course-specific documents
- Admission Requirements: The students are required to hold a recognised bachelor’s degree equivalent to an Australian bachelor’s degree to be admitted to a master’s programme at UTS.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to attain minimum scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL IBT – 79-93
- PTE – 58-64
- CAE – 176-184
- AE5/AE6 – AE5
Benefits of UTS Onshore Postgraduate Scholarships
The institute will cover 25% of the tuition fee of the undertaken postgraduate programme at UTS for the standard duration of the course.