The University of Waikato is currently tolerating applications for International Excellence Scholarships. These scholarships are available to the understudies who are enlisting interestingly into undergrad or postgraduate projects at the University of Waikato.
With the worth of NZD $ 20,000, the grant will be granted to fruitful candidates of any country who show incredible scholastic accomplishment, and the capacity to turn into a worldwide diplomat for the college.
The University of Waikato, casually Waikato University, is a thorough college in Hamilton, New Zealand, with satellite grounds situated in Tauranga. It is a reliable climber in the most esteemed worldwide rankings.
Why learn at the University of Waikato? This University is focused on giving top-notch schooling and examination portfolios, giving a total and dynamic college experience, working in character, and solid worldwide connections for advanced information.
- Application Deadline: Applications for 2022 can be submitted at any time
- University or Organization: The University of Waikato
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate, postgraduate degree or Research program.
- Awards: NZD $ 20,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Numbers of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International students
- Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from North America: USA, Canada Latin America: Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Chile Europe: Germany, UK, France, Norway East Asia: China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan-South Asia: India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan South East Asia: Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam Middle East: Jordan, Iran Africa: Kenya, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mauritius are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- be a citizen of, or currently studying in, one of the countries listed in Table 1
- not currently be enrolled at the University of Waikato (including the Certificate of Attainment in Academic English, the Certificate of Attainment in Foundation Studies, the International Diploma of Business or Science or any other pre-degree pathway programme)
- not have paid fees at the time of application
- be applying to enrol for the first time in either an undergraduate or postgraduate degree1 at the University of Waikato;
- not be classified as a domestic student (see clause 7.3.d)
- have met the University of Waikato’s English language requirements for admission, or have an offer for the Certificate of Attainment in Academic English at the University of Waikato, prior to beginning any studies through UOW
- have received a conditional or unconditional offer of place from the University of Waikato
- in the year of tenure, be commencing a full-time programme/s of study with a total duration of at least 12 months at the University of Waikato
- be residing in New Zealand for the tenure of the scholarship and may only study a maximum of 50% of their course online (if this option is available)
- not be coming to the University of Waikato via a sponsoring body2
- not be coming to the University of Waikato on a Guaranteed Credit Arrangement3, or through a study abroad or student exchange agreement
- have a minimum GPA-equivalency of B+.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, the applicants must submit an online application Here
- Supporting Documents: As part of the application, the applicants must submit all the following required documents: their Conditional or Formal Offer of Place from the University of Waikato; and b) a personal statement that sets out the following (on the template provided): What are your career goals/aspirations?, How will an international education experience help you to achieve these goals?, What additional qualities/skills do you have that make you an ideal candidate for this scholarship and an ambassador for the University of Waikato?
- Admission Requirements: To apply for this scholarship, the applicants must be applying to enroll for the first time in either an undergraduate or postgraduate degree1at the University of Waikato
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
The Scholarship will have a value of up to NZD$20,000 and will be applied directly to the recipient’s tuition fees for their chosen programme/s of study once their enrolment is completed.