Cutoff time: February 13, 2022
Is it true or not that you are a yearning and imaginative pioneer who needs to figure out how to overcome any barrier among want and activity on manageability? Then, at that point, join the Swedish Institute Management Program Africa 2022.
In a world confronting dire and critical human, social and ecological difficulties, there are many individuals who need to add to positive essential change.
Being essential for the ‘manageability change’ is one way that people can have a genuine effect – for organizations, networks and for the planet. The Swedish Institute welcomes aggressive and imaginative pioneers from Africa who need to figure out how to overcome any barrier among want and activity on supportability to go along with them as a feature of the Swedish Institute Management Program 2022, and work as a team with similar individuals in their locale, to assist with handling these difficulties, and lead their organizations to progress through economical strategic policies.
- In-depth knowledge and skills about sustainable business practices with a focus on human rights, climate and the environment, decent working conditions and anti-corruption.
- Capacity and knowledge to lead change and promote sustainable business practices in your own organisation.
- Insights into business cases for sustainability in Sweden, one of the leading countries in sustainable business practice.
- Knowledge to let you work with design thinking as a method to develop creative and sustainable solutions to complex problems.
- Customised expert coaching based on your organisation’s and your own personal needs.
- A unique opportunity of close collaboration and exchange with colleagues at your own level from several other countries, developing strong, long-lasting professional networks.
- Access to the global Swedish Institute alumni network with leaders who are committed to sustainable business and responsible leadership.
The following costs are covered and arranged by Swedish Institute:
- Training and content
- Conference facilities if the pandemic situation allows for physical meetings in the capital of each country included in Swedish Institute Management Program Africa.
- You are a citizen and resident of Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda or Zambia.
- You are between 25 and 50 years old (born 1971–1996).
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and a track record of making things happen.
- You are willing to support and share your experience and knowledge with other participants.
- You have a high level proficiency in both written and spoken English.
- You have a post-secondary education.
Program Structure, Format and Timeline
SIMP Africa 2022 takes place from May 2022 to February 2023. The program is mainly focused into three modules which will take place in May, June, September/October and February 2023. Each module lasts between three to eight weeks and requires approximately one working day per week, including participation in physical meetings at conference venues locally, live online sessions, and engagement with pre-recorded material, group assignments and individual work. In between the modules, you will work on your own sustainability project with the help of expert coaching and group tasks.
- Module 1: Tuesdays 7, 14 and 21 June at 9-15 EAT, 8-14 CEST & CAT. This module is scheduled to take place at conference venues in the capitals of each country. If a physical meeting is not possible because of COVID-19 restrictions in a specific country, the program will be adapted for that country.
- Module 2: Thursdays 1, 8, 15, 22 September and 6, 13 and 20 October including a SIMP Global week. If COVID-19 restrictions allow, the second module could also take place at conference venues together with the peers in your country. To take part in the program you must be able to commit to one full day per week during modules.
- Module 3: Thursdays 2, 9, 16 and 23 February at 10-16 EAT, 8-14 CET, 9-15 CAT (Note: Sweden has changed to winter time)
Filling in the application form online takes about 60 min or more and there is no session saving possibility. Kindly have the following ready before starting to fill out the application:
- Passport size photo of yourself
- Recommendation letter
For more details, visit SIMP Africa.