(Ripley County, Ind.) – The 2023 Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship application is now available in Ripley County through the Ripley County community basis. The Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship application (LECSP) will offer 146 scholarships statewide and one scholarship in Ripley County. LECSP scholarships may be used for in any other case unreimbursed full lessons, required costs, and an e-book and equipment stipend of $900 per yr for four years of undergraduate look at on a full-time foundation main to a baccalaureate diploma at any eligible Indiana public or personal nonprofit university or college.
this system, administered statewide via independent faculties of Indiana (ICI) and domestically in Ripley County via the Ripley County network foundation, is open to all Indiana citizens who:
- graduate from an authorized Indiana high school by using 2023 and receive their diploma no later than June 30, 2023;
- intend to pursue an undergraduate have a look at a full-time foundation leading to a baccalaureate diploma at an Indiana college; and
- meet the criteria particular to their local community foundation.
Students can learn more about the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship in Ripley County and apply for this scholarship by visiting www.rccfonline.org. Applications must be completed and submitted by Wednesday, August 31st at 11:59 PM to be considered.
Applications will be evaluated on, but not limited to, the following criteria: GPA, SAT/ACT scores, course difficulty, extracurricular activities, community service, essays, a letter of recommendation, and an interview. Three finalists will be nominated by the Ripley County Community Foundation, and their names will be submitted to ICI for the final selection of the recipients. Scholarship recipients will be notified in December.
Lilly Endowment created LECSP for the 1997-1998 school year and has supported the program every year since with tuition grants totalling more than $424 million. Nearly 5,000 Indiana students have received Lilly Endowment Community Scholarships since the program’s inception.
The primary purposes of LECSP are
1) to help raise the level of educational attainment in Indiana;
2) to increase awareness of the beneficial roles Indiana community foundations can play in their communities; and
3) to encourage and support the efforts of current and past Lilly Endowment Community Scholars to engage with each other and with Indiana business, governmental, educational, nonprofit and civic leaders to improve the quality of life in Indiana generally and in local communities throughout the state.
The Ripley County Community Foundation is again pleased to offer LECSP for its 26th year in Ripley County. “The Ripley County Community Foundation is honoured to administer this program for our local community because the LECSP is an opportunity for our organization to acknowledge and appreciate the academic and personal achievements of a local student in a meaningful way,” stated Amy Streator, Executive Director of the Ripley County Community Foundation.
To learn how the Ripley County Community Foundation is Connecting People Who Care with Causes that Matter visits www.rccfonline.org or contact the community foundation at 13 E. George Street, Suite B, Batesville, or via telephone at (812) 933-1098.