Cutoff time: February 22, 2022
Applications for the Ochberg Fellowship 2022 are currently open. The Ochberg Fellowship is the Dart Center’s leader program for senior and mid-vocation columnists who wish to extend their insight into enthusiastic injury and mental injury, and further develop investigating brutality, struggle and misfortune. The current year’s association will be held July 22-28 at Columbia University in New York City.
Revealing capably and soundly awful mishaps – on road wrongdoing and family savagery, cataclysmic events and mishaps, war and slaughter, pandemic and social commotion – is a significant test. Starting around 1999 the Dart Center for Journalism and Trauma, a venture of the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, has united extraordinary columnists from around the world to investigate basic issues around news inclusion of savagery, injury and misfortune.
Colleagues go to a serious weeklong program of courses held at Columbia University in New York City. Program exercises remember briefings by unmistakable interdisciplinary specialists for the injury and emotional well-being fields; discussions with columnist partners on issues of morals, art and practice, and an assortment of different open doors for scholarly commitment and companion learning.
- The Ochberg Fellowship covers roundtrip travel, housing, suppers and costs straightforwardly connected with investments like travel protection.
- The program doesn’t cover medical coverage, extra evenings of housing past the Fellowship’s term or ground transportation in colleagues’ home urban communities.
- Open to exceptional columnists from any area of the planet (with somewhere around five years of expert news coverage experience) working across all media. Past Fellows have gone from the modest community and local general-task and wrongdoing journalists to war picture takers and unfamiliar reporters for global news associations.
- Both staff columnists and specialists are free to apply.
- Candidates’ work should exhibit editorial greatness and a solid history of covering injury and its effect on people, families or networks.
- The Fellowship is available to print, broadcast and computerized columnists, picture takers, editors and makers with no less than five years of expert news coverage experience.
- Roughly 50% of the Fellows will be situated in North America, with the equilibrium drawn from Central and South America, Europe, the Asia Pacific area, Africa and the Middle East.
- All cooperation classes are directed in English. Colleagues should be conversant in communicating in English to take an interest in the program.
Fellowship Selection Criteria
- Applications are evaluated by a passing judgment on council including Dart Center staff, Fellowship personnel and past Fellows. The determination did not depend on any single variable. Judges think about an assortment of elements, with an accentuation on whether candidates:
- Exhibit reliable and insightful editorial commitment to issues of viciousness, struggle, misfortune and their consequence;
- Have exhibited editorial greatness and authority;
- Will probably benefit expertly from the Fellowship experience and contribute definitively to the program.
- Different contemplations might incorporate geographic and other variety, and generally bunch arrangement.
The Fellowship program will be held July 22-28, 2022, at Columbia University in New York City. Assuming that general medical issues expect us to drop the program, all colleagues chosen for 2022 will be conceded to 2023.
For more details, visit Ochberg Fellowship.