The Global Korea Undergraduate Scholarship GKS for 2023 is now accepting applications, the Korean government is happy to announce it. International students who want to study for undergraduate degrees in Korea may apply for the GKS-U Scholarship, which is a fully funded scholarship offered by the Korean government. For undergraduates, the call is currently open; for graduates, it will open in February 2023. official name: Korean Government Scholarship. 200 undergraduate scholarships from GKS will be given out in 2023 for study at South Korean universities.
Any foreign applicant from any nation, of any nationality, is eligible to apply. Nearly all South Korean colleges are represented in the Global Korea Scholarships program. Both an Associate’s and a Bachelor’s degree can be pursued and earned. The Global Korea GKS Undergraduate Scholarship 2023 application process, information, and more specifics are listed below.
Deadline: Varies from Country to Country
- University or Organization: Korean Government
- Department: ALL Departments
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Fully Funded
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in South Korea
Global Korea Undergraduate Scholarship Benefits
International students can apply for the fully funded Global Korea Scholarship in Korea. The Korean government will pay for every expense.
- Round-Trip Flight Tickets
- Compensation for Relocation
- Living stipend
- Health Insurance
- Language Instruction
- tuition in full
- Award for Outstanding Korean Language Ability
- Research Assistance
- printing expenses
- Finishing Grant
Available Universities and Fields of Study for Global Korea Undergraduate Scholarship
- All disciplines of study provided by GKS participating universities
- This scholarship program does not apply to nighttime academic programs (night school), short-term courses, or courses taken online or through distance learning.
Eligibility Criteria for Global Korea Undergraduate Scholarship
- All applicants and their parents must not hold Korean citizenship.
- Korean citizens and dual citizenship holders (one who has Korean citizenship and citizenship of another country) are NOT eligible to apply.
Level of Education:
- Bachelor‟s degree program is for applicants who graduated (or are expected to graduate) from a high school or from an associate degree program
- The associate degree program is for applicants who graduated (or are expected to graduate) from a high school
- Applicants who have a bachelor‟s degree cannot apply. Applicants who have an associate degree can only apply to a bachelor‟s program
- Applicants who are expected to graduate must first submit a certificate of expected graduation at the time of application. If such applicants pass the final round of selection, they must submit a graduation certificate (or a degree certificate) by February 28, 2023
- The score percentile should be 80% or above on a 100-point scale or be ranked within the top 20% within one‟s class.
- CGPA must be equal to or above 2.64/4.0, 2.80/4.3, 2.91/4.5, or 3.23/5.0
Must be under 25 years of age (born after March 1, 1998)
Documents to Submit
- Application Form
- Personal Statement
- Study Plan
- One letter of Recommendation
- GKS Applicant Agreement
- Personal Medical Assessment
- Proof of citizenship (applicant and parents) and proof of family relationship
- High School Graduation Certificate (or certificate of expected graduation)
- Academic transcript of the high school curriculum
- Graduation certificate (or certificate of expected graduation) of the associate degree program
- Academic transcript of associate degree
- Proof of Overseas Korean Document
- Proof of Korean Citizenship Renunciation Document
- Proof of Korean War Veteran’s Descendant
How to Apply for the GKS-U Scholarship 2023
The online application form must be filled out completely by the applicants.
The new GKS Scholarship Application Announcement is available to read.