Fully funded Rhodes scholarships for international students. The Rhodes Trust is providing the Fully-Funded Rhodes Scholarships at the University of Oxford in the UK. The programme is available for students who wish to study for the academic year 2022-2023.
The Rhodes Scholarships for international students is a fully funded, full-time, postgraduate scholarship that helps talented young people from around the world to pursue their postgraduate studies study at the University of Oxford UK for the academic year 2022.
The Rhodes Trust is an educational charity that brings together and develops exceptional people who are impatient with the way things are and have the courage to act. The Rhodes Scholarships have been awarded in 20 constituencies (representing over 60 countries).
Application Deadline: Varies depending on the country.
- Course Level: Postgraduate degree at the University of Oxford.
- Study Subject: Any courses offered by the University of Oxford at the postgraduate level.
- Award: Fully-Funded
- The program can be taken in the UK
Rhodes Scholarships Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Entrance Requirements: The following eligibility criteria apply to all applicants for the Rhodes Scholarship:
- Citizenship & residency: You must meet the citizenship/residency requirements of one of the Rhodes constituencies –
- Age: Upon 1 October 2022, you must be at least 18 and have not reached your 24th birthday (i.e., you must have been born after 1 October 1998 and on or before 1 October 2004).
- Education: Applicants must have a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent, or a GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
- English Language Requirements: You must have a sufficiently high standard of English to meet the English language proficiency requirements (at the Higher Level listed) of the University of Oxford.
- Evidence of academic record/transcript (complete or in progress) of an undergraduate degree and any postgraduate study
- Curriculum vitae/resumé or list of principal activities
- Personal statement or essay (including, crucially, a clear statement of what the applicant wishes to study at Oxford and why)
- Evidence of age / birth certificate / passport
- English Language proficiency (where English is not the first language)
- List of referees (usually several are required) who can attest in confidential references to the character and intellect of the applicant, including academic, personal, extra-curricular, and leadership achievements (and who should never include people to whom you are related)
Rhodes scholarships Benefits
- The Rhodes Scholarship covers Oxford University course fees as well as provides an annual stipend. For the 2021/22 academic year, the stipend is £17,310 per annum (£1,442.50 per month), from which Scholars pay all living expenses, including accommodation. Please note – this is not sufficient to cover partners or dependents.
- Following selection for the Scholarship, the Rhodes Trust will cover the fee required to apply to study at the University of Oxford. The Trust will cover the fee for a student visa and the associated International Health Surcharge (IHS), which enables international students to access the UK’s National Health Service. The Rhodes Trust will cover two economy class flights – to and from the UK – for the beginning and end of studies in Oxford.
- On arrival in Oxford, Scholars receive a settling-in allowance. For those Scholars who transition to the second course of study in Oxford, they will again receive assistance to cover the fee for visa renewal and further application for IHS.