Cutoff time: August 31, 2021
Applications are welcomed for the European Commission Blue Book Traineeship Program 2021. Double a year, the Commission offers 5-month paid traineeships in its Directorate-Generals, offices and bodies, which have consented to a Service Level Arrangement with DG EAC/the Commission.
Learners work all around the European Commission, its administrations and organizations, for the most part in Brussels, yet in addition in Luxembourg and somewhere else across the European Union. The idea of your work will rely upon the assistance you are appointed to. You may, for instance, work in the field of rivalry law, HR, ecological approach, and so forth
Learner’s day by day work comprise of:
- Attending and organising meetings, working groups, and public hearings.
- Researching, drafting end editing documentation – including reports and consultations.
- Answering citizens’ inquiries.
- Supporting the management of projects.
- As a trainee, you will receive a grant each month to cover your living expenses. The grant/living allowance is paid at the end of each month. However the first one will be paid only after 4 effective weeks of traineeship. The living allowance for the traineeship sessions in 2021 will be €1,229.32 per month.
The traineeship program is open to university graduates who:
- are EU citizens, regardless of age. A limited number of places are also allocated to non EU nationals.
- have completed a standard 3-year higher education degree (180 credits), corresponding to a complete Bachelor’s cycle, or equivalent. Only if you have a certificate or official confirmation from your university that you have such a degree will you be eligible to apply.
- have no prior work experience of any kind, in excess of 6 weeks in any EU institution, body or agency, delegation, with Members of the European Parliament (MEPs), or Advocates General at the Court of Justice of the European Union (EUCJ).
- have a very good knowledge of languages.
The application procedure consists of three steps: register on EU Login, complete the application form and submit.
For more details, see FAQ and visit Blue Book Traineeship.