Applications are now open for DAAD Scholarships for International Students in Germany. If you are a graduate who wishes to study and write your doctoral thesis abroad, the DAAD-Scholarships for Doctoral Candidates will be a great offer for you as it is offered at the Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences for the academic year 2022-2023.
Who is DAAD Scholarship for? The DAAD scholarships will be awarded to master students who are either holders or are expected to hold a qualification in Sociology, Psychology, Educational Science, Political Science, Labour, Educational Economics, Demography, and Statistics. Successful candidates will be provided with a monthly stipend of 1,200 EUROS, insurance, and other allowances.
BAGGS seeks to stimulate and guide cutting-edge doctoral research on some of the most crucial challenges modern knowledge-based societies face. The university has a highly regarded international reputation for its quality education.
The Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences (BAGSS) at the University of Bamberg is a multidisciplinary Graduate School funded by the German Science Foundation (DFG) as part of the German Excellence Initiative. It is a mid-size University with an academic profile rooted in the humanities, social and economic sciences, human sciences, and application-oriented computer sciences.
Application Deadline: Thursday, 15th September 2022.
- University or Organization: Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences (BAGSS)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: 1,200 EURO with additional allowances.
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany.
Eligibility for DAAD Scholarships in Germany
- Eligible Countries: All international students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a PhD study to write their master thesis at the Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Highly qualified graduates from the fields of Sociology, Psychology, Educational Science, Political Science, Labour and Educational Economics, Demography, and Statistics.
- Successful applicants will be required to take up their residence in Bamberg, a city noted for its high quality of life and great conditions for research and study
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarships in Germany
- How to Apply: Interested applicants can submit their applications using the university’s web portal. DAAD Scholarship application details can be obtained on the DAAD’s official website.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Cover letter
- Abstract research proposal
- Research proposal
- Work schedules
- Academic Transcripts and certificates
- Self-written statement f applicants knowledge of German
- Statement of research proposal
- Two letters of recommendation
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold a master’s degree (or equivalent) in either of the following fields
- Educational Science,
- Political Science,
- Educational Economics,
- Demography, and
- Statistics or be very close to completion.
- Language Requirement: The students must have proficiency in German.
The students selected for these doctoral DAAD scholarships in Germany will have the following benefits;
A monthly stipend of 1,200 EUR,