Applications for the World Habitat Awards 2022 are presently open. The World Habitat Awards perceive and feature imaginative, remarkable and in some cases progressive lodging thoughts, tasks and projects from across the world. In excess of 250 exceptional World Habitat Awards projects have been perceived throughout the long term, showing significant, enduring enhancements in everyday environments.
The World Habitat Awards contest has been controlled by World Habitat in organization with UN-Habitat starting around 1985. In that time a portion of the world’s generally noteworthy and inventive lodging projects have gotten worldwide acknowledgment for their work. In 2022, they will introduce Bronze, Silver and Gold Awards to the most extraordinary activities and projects.
- The two Gold Award-winning projects receive:
- A trophy (presented at a global event) in recognition of their work to develop and deliver good practice in housing. World Habitat meets travel and accommodation costs for a project representative to attend the awards ceremony;
- Prize money of £10,000; and
- Follow-up support from World Habitat through their exChange program.
- Silver and Bronze Award-winning projects receive a certificate and the opportunity to partner with World Habitat in the promotion of their initiatives.
- Open to all individuals, organisations or governments who have addressed housing challenges.
- Open to projects from around the world that:
- focus on affordable and adequate housing;
- have taken action to address the climate emergency;
- are in progress or have been completed in the last ten years;
- are taking steps to promote diversity, equality and inclusion; and
- have been designed and/ or delivered in close collaboration with the residents/ local community
- Projects at design/ prototype/ planning stage or completed over ten years ago will not be considered.
- Previous entrants can re-submit in subsequent years providing that the project has developed significantly in the intervening time period.
- You can enter projects that were developed and/or implemented by another individual or organisation. However, your entry must include a letter of permission from the original designer/implementer agreeing to its entry and for its publication in the event of it winning an Award.
- Entries may be submitted in English, Spanish or French.
Entries can be submitted now in English, Spanish or French until 23:59 UTC Monday, March 14, 2022.
For more details, visit World Habitat Awards.