400 Fully-Funded MasterCard Foundation Scholarships for African Students at the University of Oxford, UK. The full-cost scholarship opportunity is available to African students to pursue a one-year taught Masters’s Degree studies related to pandemic preparedness and recovery at the University of Oxford, UK. By covering full-tuition fees and living expenses, this program supports passionate, locally rooted, and globally minded Africans to undertake graduate studies.
Established in 1096, the University of Oxford is the globe‡s second-oldest research university that delivers world-class education and encourages students to administration. It also presents a broad scope of educational programs. Oxford and the Mastercard Foundation have an innovative & ambitious partnership under the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program and the Africa Oxford Initiative (AfOx).
Why choose the University of Oxford? Oxford presents outstanding knowledge to its learners, including the possibility to perform by conducting academics and with world-class libraries, laboratories, museums, and exhibitions. It is famous for its study quality, innovation, and accommodation of some of the world’s notable students.
Application Deadline: To be considered for Oxford scholarships, you must apply by December or January
- University or Organization: University of Oxford
- Department: NA
- Course Level: One-year taught Master‡s course
- Award: Fully-funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 400
- Nationality: International
- The awards can be taken in the UK
MasterCard Foundation Scholarships Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: Students from all African countries are eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in the master’s Program offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- All students with an African nationality and residence who receive a conditional offer from the University will be eligible for the opportunity.
- Eligible candidates who receive a conditional offer from their course will be then invited to apply for the AfOx Graduate Scholarship Program. All invited candidates will be expected to fill in the AfOx Graduate Scholarship questionnaire during the application process.
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed virtually before decisions are made, and the timelines will be communicated at the interview stage.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Candidates must apply to graduate study at the University of Oxford via the graduate admissions portal by the deadline for the chosen course of study. All eligible students will automatically be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Official transcripts
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must have a previous degree.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Benefits MasterCard Foundation Scholarships
The grant is part of the broader AfOx Graduate Scholars Program, which aims to support African students to access opportunities at Oxford and to thrive both during and after their time at the University. The University of Oxford will provide all the following:
- This full-cost scholarship is available to Master’s students, covering tuition fees and living expenses for international students.
- The scholarship also provides logistics support, including an economy return flight, visa and Immigration Health Surcharge fees, settling down allowance, and access to a Thrive Fund for emergencies.
- The program funds a rigorous one-year taught Master‡s course at Oxford.